Cannabidiol (CBD) has become an extremely popular product in the health and wellness space, with CBD products like tinctures, vape CBD oil, pre-rolls, topicals, and hemp bud making a splash in the industry. For those who love this cannabinoid and want to make money providing these products to the masses, the best way to get involved is to start your own business. But with all the competition out there, how does one stand out and show that their great product line is worthy of purchasing? If you’re interested in starting your own CBD brand, here are three ways to stand out in the CBD industry.
1. Market better than your competitors.
When it comes to the success of your business, your marketing strategy is everything. Being able to rise above your competition and become a successful business owner means taking your marketing strategy to the next level and learning from the weaknesses of your competitors. But where should you get started when you’re trying to develop greater brand awareness?
Arguably one of the most overlooked aspects of digital marketing is search engine optimization (SEO). SEO is an aspect of content marketing that relies on the successful optimization of web pages and blogs that allows you to rank for certain keywords, helping potential buyers find your products with ease when they search certain terms and browse the top search results. Without focusing on content creation, developing infographics and other sharable content, link building, and SEO, you miss out on a great deal of organic traffic that could’ve been directed to your store.
Of course, content marketing can be difficult for business owners to implement on their own. If you’re looking to boost your rankings and bring more organic search traffic to your website, consider enlisting the help of a company like GR0 SEO agency. GR0 is a company focused on helping you grow your business and organic search engine rankings through high-quality content production, performance PR, accelerated mobile pages, and on-page optimization. If you’re ready to experience the growth you’re looking for in your business, reach out to GR0 to help you get started.
2. Focus on transparency, quality, and providing your customers with a wide variety of products to choose from.
Because CBD has become so popular, the number of products and startups floating around in the CBD market is endless. This means that, when you think about your own product, you have to ask yourself, why would buyers choose to purchase my finished product over other hemp products out there? The best way to stand out is to make sure that you’re offering something more valuable than your competitors. This can mean offering:
- Greater transparency surrounding your product: What is the efficacy of CBD for certain ailments? What are the side effects of CBD? What is the legality of CBD? Does CBD contain THC? These are just a few of the major questions that customers may have about such products. If you want to stand out from your competition, being transparent about these items can help you cultivate trust with your customers and develop a stronger reputation in comparison to other sellers.
- Higher-quality ingredients and production methods: Not all hemp extract is made the same. Unfortunately, there are plenty of stories out there of people who’ve purchased a product that didn’t work as anticipated or was a completely different product than they anticipated. If you want your CBD brand to be better than others, it can be a good idea to develop products that use only high-quality ingredients. The better your product, the better the response.
- A wider range of products to choose from: Focusing on developing only a few products can be helpful in establishing your following. However, if you really want to get the most customers possible, you’re going to want to offer more products in your store. For example, if you’ve started off with some tinctures, you may wish to expand to CBD gummies, vape cartridges, CBD flowers, snacks, and other commonly sought after products. Of course, you should also note that other brands have gotten quite creative. Some CBD companies have developed CBD supplements that come in the form of pre-workout energy mixes, whey protein, and other gummies and capsules designed to be taken throughout the day. When it comes to making your brand stand out, you want to offer the essentials but be as creative as possible too!
- Fuller, clearer images of your product: There’s nothing more frustrating than going to a vendor’s websites, only to receive grainy images or non-existent pictures of the product you’re interested in buying. As much as a specific description of your products is necessary, people want to be able to see what they’re buying before they do so. If you aren’t able to take clear pictures and videos on your own, seek out the help of a product video production company to provide you with video content for your product pages, video marketing material for your social media, and explainer videos to guide your customers through using certain products. The more information you provide your customers (especially when it comes to being able to see and experience your goods beforehand), the better your chances of success as you continue to grow your brand. Don’t forget to let customers know that they should consult their doctors before ingesting new products.
Your brand’s strength and reputation rely on your product. This means developing something that offers a superior experience, transparency where it’s often not found, and the variety that customers need to stay with your brand as it navigates this market. Once you have those traits, it’s just a matter of getting the news out there and developing that customer relationship.
3. Find what makes your company worth paying attention to.
Many businesses think that their products are the endgame. In today’s world of social responsibility, however, this isn’t the case. Customers are not only interested in purchasing a great product but purchasing it from a company that’s seeking to make a difference in the world around them. They want to know that, when they invest in your products, they’re investing in a company that deserves it.
What does this mean for your company? To truly stand out from your competitors and help your brand reach the level of acclaim that you’re seeking, you need to focus on corporate social responsibility. Give back in any capacity that you can, and make sure that you’re looking to support people and causes that fall in line with your company’s mission. If your company has made any kind of mistake along the way, make sure to reach out publicly and apologize for it. When people see that your business is taking responsibility and taking initiative to change the world, this is what makes a brand strong.
In a crowded industry like the CBD industry, figuring out how to go above and beyond and stand out to potential customers can be tricky. However, some of the best practices for operating a business that others may ignore can be the most effective way to grow beyond your competitors. If you plan on starting, or you have started your own CBD business, use the three simple tips above to stand out and boost your growth as you move forward.